Jul 22, 2010

Greenville South Carolina

We stopped in Greenville, South Carolina, for the night, and started looking for inexpensive things to do. We found this beautiful waterfall park, and spent hours playing in the water. There was a little nook behind the waterfall that the kids crawled behind, and the little Bushkin and Bubber were drinking the water like there was no tomorrow. Now, at this point in our vacation (and, basically, in my life), I'm far to worn out to worry about a little bit of dirty water, so I just let them drink away. I figure it's immune building.

But here's the kicker...as we're leaving the park Racer notices a sign that says "WARNING: Bacteria levels have been found to be above safe levels. You may become sick from swimming in the water." Three days later....Puke Fest, 2010! Bubber and Bushkin were up ALL night, throwing up over EVERYTHING. Pillows, sheets, sleeping bags, Mom, Dad, Couch, Brother, Jammies, Carpet, pretty much everything got doused EXCEPT the toilet. Anyone want to buy a used trailer?

1 comment:

  1. I love it! They will be able to eat out of dumpsters the rest of their lives and never be sick. They Uncle Dusty used to do it!

    That reminds me of the time I went camping one hot summer down by Lake Powell in Southern Utah. It was near the small resort of Bull Frog Marina. By the time we got there on our motorcycles it was dark. We went about 3 miles out from the Marina to find a place to camp for the night. We went off the road about a mile and camped in the sand. The moon was out and that starts were unreal. We cooked some Pork and Beans over a little fire, then rolled out our bed rolls to go to sleep. I remember looking up into the night sky and I could hear water lapping on a shore and the sound of big Bull Frogs. I told my buddy Brent "It doesn't get much better than this" In the morning when we got up to go. I went up over a little hill to take a look at the lake. NOT!

    We had camped far from the lake. The sound of water we had heard was from the Sewer Treatment Plant! Drink up Kids!

    xoxoxoxoxox Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin