Aug 8, 2010

"I'll Get You my Pretty, And your little Dog Too!"


Salem, Mass.....The Witch trials! My kids were not very excited about this stop. But, as all you other parents can relate to, we enjoy torturing our children every once in a while for there own good! So, we forced them to watch a short history on the Salem Witch trials at the Witch History Museum. It was very interesting, and I think they watched the whole thing...with there ears plugged just in case! Besides, the other museums in town claimed to be run by "real" witches. Um, yeah, we avoided those.


It's a pretty cool looking building, but it was covered up for restoration while we were there, so we couldn't get a picture. Instead we took a picture across the street with this statue who my kids thought was a witch, but when I read the plaque I realized it was a statue of one of the first Pilgrims, and a puritan.....I'm sure he rolled over in his grave when I told my kids he was a witch....oh well, what they don't know wont hurt them!

1 comment:

  1. How fun. I have know some real witches in my time so I can tell them all about it. Most were school teachers! You must be getting closer to home these days. Wow! What a trip!

    xoxoxoxox

    Steve

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin