Aug 2, 2010

WARNING: Do NOT try this at home

Before I begin this post, I have to issue my WARNING: We are professional travelers...please, do not try this at home....
Yes, we are touring New York City with 5 KIDS! Crazy? Most likely. This was definitely
freakier than Disney World, and I was constantly counting all the kids, but we only spent 1 day here, so it wasn't too bad. Above is Times Square, and Below is the Statue of Liberty.
I love this picture of the kids looking at the beautiful lady liberty. Our little Bubber was the most excited to see this statue, since we had brought our oldest (Racer) here last November, and she had told all the other kids about the 'Giant Statue.' Well, of course the word "Giant" peaked his interest, and he kept asking if her toe was as big as our van.
The bad news was the wait to get onto the island was over 3 hours.....Good one. Waiting anywhere for 3 minutes is enough of a challenge with the 5 little ones. And, When I went on-line to buy tickets a couple weeks ago, they were all sold out for crown tickets (yes, you can go up in the crown, but you better plan like 8 months in advance--only 250 tickets per day, only 4 for family, only kids over 8), and they were also sold out of pedestal tickets, so basically it was a 3 hour wait to get onto the island, but not allowed to go into Lady Liberty or even into the museum there. BUT, there was no wait to go on the harbor cruise boat, which pulled right up in front. Plus, we got a boat ride, a narrated tour of the harbor, and we all got to sit down for 45 minutes instead of waiting, standing, in the hot sun, for 3 hours. I really enjoyed the cruise ride, and would do it again in a heartbeat, unless I had tickets to the crown.
The other favorite part of the day was riding the subways. Even of MORE interest to the kiddos was looking for rats in the subways, and we found plenty.
I know, I know, I've already gone on WAY to long, and everybody is tired of reading, if you even lasted this long, blah, blah, blah.....But, I loved this photo, so I wanted to stick it in, and I figure the kids Grandmas are enjoying the commentary, even if your not. But, if your not enjoying my little side notes, you're not reading my apology anyway, so it doesn't really matter...does it?

2 comments:

  1. Personally, I am loving reading all about your family's tour of our country! I only have 4 kids ages 4-10 so I have a HUGE amount of admiration for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read all about your trip and trying to take care of all the family. I don't know how you do it. You must be "Wonder Parents" or on drugs! I know your posts are a few weeks behing, so by now you are out West again and heading for the last round up. If you have not been to Yellowstone in a while that would be a great place to take the faimly as well. Or you could stop at the BIG Motorcycle event near Deadwood. I understand Bob Dylan is the headliner this year. You could get all the kids a Tatoo! xoxoxoxoxo Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin