Jun 4, 2010

Graceland, baby

No visit to Memphis, TN is complete without a tour of Graceland! It was interesting to see the Home of Elvis Presley, purchased when he was 22 years old. It's actually a very modest home, considering who owned it!
We got to see a lot of his costumes, and also his groovy 'street' clothes, plus the 'jungle room,' decorated in faux fur and green shag on the floor AND the ceiling!
His 2 airplanes...the awesomest being the 'Lisa Marie,' with dining room, 3 TV's, and seat belts plated with 24 Karat gold. Even the queen size bed in the back room had a seatbelt going all the way across...plated in gold!

My kids just kept saying how they thought their uncle looked just like Elvis (this is due to his frequent Elvis impersonations!). I fixed Elvis's favorite 'Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwiches' for lunch, which went over pretty well! The kids all enjoyed the day, but by bedtime they were pretty much fed up with me insisting they say "Thank you, thank you very much," in there best Elvis Accent every time their dad or I gave them something!

1 comment:

  1. I'm assuming Uncle D does the impressions! TO fun. Mom was here all day the last two days and told me about you making the kids do an elvis impression! I bet everyone else thought it was pretty fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin