May 30, 2010

Of course we had to buy Mardi Gras masks in the french quarter of New Orleans. I hope I get to come back and enjoy this interesting city someday soon without kids! Walking up and down old streets and browsing shops in 100 degree weather with 90% humidity is not fun with 5 little ones!
But we did get to enjoy a river boat cruise, and learn a little bit of history about the war of 1812.
Frog Legs, Alligator, Turtle Soup and crawfish for dinner? We made the kids try them all, and I'm surprised they actually did! Of course, we didn't tell them what they were eating until after it was down the hatch!
Mom wanted to spend some time in one of the old cemeteries, which are so interesting and beautiful! The above ground tombs make the cemeteries quite the site! My kids were good sports, even though I think they were scared spit less. I think this graveyard brought back memories from the Scooby-Doo movie "Big scare in the Big Easy," where they're chased through a graveyard like this by mean ghosts!
They were more excited about the Sculpture garden in New Orleans City Park, where nothing is scary! I wanted to make sure our family got a picture by this famous "Love" statue.....but FYI, your not supposed to climb on the statue. I'm glad we got our picture before we found out!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just wanted to let you know that I received my prize from I am Topsy Turvy Giveaway. It was a definite hit with my 3 yo. She put on the skirt and wouldn't take it off. The barrettes are beautiful, do you do them yourself...I see them on etsy but they are a different print. The tutu and the fairy wings are just gorgeous. My daughter said they were "Awesome" and "I wuv them". I will do a feature on you in August when she celebrates her birthday on my blog if that is okay...with lots of pics. By the way, have a great trip with you family and thank you again.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin