May 6, 2010

So, here we are at the Badlands National Park...I wasn't sure what to expect with a name like that, but if really was beautiful! The only think Bad about it was the 20 miles of dirt road we had to drive through...I should have taken a picture of our van and trailer, they were covered with mud. It took my hubby at least an hour to wash it off when we pulled into camp. The day was overcast, and the picture doesn't even do justice, it was a beautiful national park. I am constantly amazed at the beauty all around me and throughout our wonderful country.

And the moment you've all been waiting for! The Corn Palace! The entire side of the building is covered in corn...corn husks, corn cobs, it's really very beautiful. Then the top has these cement, painted finials (my husband took this picture, he's great at a lot of things, but I guess not at photography!). Anyway, it's a pretty neat stop if you're ever in the middle of South Dakota with nothing else to do!

Thanks for keeping up with our adventures. If you know of a place or attraction you'd like us to review, let us know. If we can, we'll stop by and see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin